Petit mot aux copinautes françaises: tous les posts en français (ou dans les deux langues) sont maintenant disponibles dans la rubrique "Posts in French", colonne de gauche. Bises à toutes

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My anti stretch marks routine during pregnancy.

Ma routine anti vergetures pendant ma grossesse

Hello sweet ladies! This is not groundbreaking,  every expecting woman keeps fingers crossed so she does not end up as a weird tiger after pregnancy. The key word to keep these  nasty stretch marks at bay is
 M-O-I-S-T-U-R-E.
Even before being pregnant, I used to moistururize from head to toe every day, at least once day. During pregnancy, I did it at least twice a day. And here is the results: though I've got a stretch mark-prone skin, I didn't  even have one little stripe!
So I'd like to share with you the products I used during these nine months.

To start with: I had a shower twice a day, as usual. With very gentle, soap free washing products.
Here are my faves:
1- L'Occitane en Provence Almond Shower Oil. Great scent and super soft on the skin.

2- Roger & Gallet Shiso Gentle Shower Cream. Sulfate, soap and paraben free! I picked it to pack for the hospital. I've been crazy about its baby-like, soothing scent for years now.

3- Nivea Shower Oil for dry skin. Smells good, plus it's inexpensive.

4- Avene Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel. Super mild for my skin, But I stopped using it after a few weeks, I couldn't stand its scent anymore (Thank you hormones!)

Then I kept my skin moisturized twice (or more!) a day, with oils and and creams . Here are my faves: 

1- L'Occitane en Provence Almond Supple Skin Oil (this is an all-time favorite actually!) . It definitely helped keep my skin moisturized and supple. 

2- Nivea Extended Moisture for dry to very dry skin. Great Nivea scent, as usual. It REALLY DOES keep your skin moisturized for a long time, no alligator skin after a few hours. I love this body cream!

3- Roger & Gallet Shiso Gentle moisturizing body lotion. Once again, amazing shiso scent and it moisturizes well, not as well as the Nivea one though. 

4- L'Occitane en Provence Almond Milk Veil and Almond Firming and Smoothing Milk Concentrate. Great products to maintain a firm and soft skin, but not moisturizing enough. 

5- The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil. True-to-life coconut scent, great oil to moisturize and prevent dry, chapped skin. 

6- Avene Body Oil, Does a very good moiturizing job as well. But just like the cleansing gel, I just got fed up with its scent. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...